December, 2013

16 John Street
Dec 13th, 2013 | | Portfolio | Private Houses | Residences | No Comments

John Street, Bloomsbury

John Street is in the south-east of London's Bloomsbury, running north from Theobald's Road to Guilford Street. Building started in 1754 and the upper west side had been developed by 1760 (nos 34–36 survive from...

READ MORE »
St James's Place
Dec 13th, 2013 | | Commercial premises | Portfolio | No Comments

St James’s Place

Most of St. James's Place was laid out by the Rossingtons, the speculators who purchased Cleveland House and garden. For a time the north-south line of the street was called Rossington Street, but the name did not...

READ MORE »
The Old Deanery
Dec 6th, 2013 | | Portfolio | Private Houses | Residences | No Comments

The Old Deanery, London

The Old Deanery - with thanks to Bradshaw's Hand Book The Old Deanery was built in 1672-73 as the residence of the Dean of St Paul's Cathedral. William Sancroft became Dean in 1664 and was the first occupant. He...

READ MORE »