Category : Commercial premises

8 Bedford Row
Jan 4th, 2016 | | Commercial premises | Portfolio | No Comments

8 Bedford Row, Bloomsbury

Bedford Row, which lies between Red Lion Street and Gray's Inn, is a broad thoroughfare of the early eighteenth century. It does not derive its name, as might be imagined, from the Russell family, but from the town...

READ MORE »
46 Berkeley Square
Nov 7th, 2015 | | Commercial premises | Portfolio | No Comments

46 Berkeley Square

No. 46 formed part of the early phase of speculative house-building development that led to the creation of Berkeley Square. In 1737 William Berkeley, 4th Baron Berkeley of Stratton and his son John entered into an...

READ MORE »
The Sorting Office Blue
Sep 29th, 2015 | | Colour Services | Commercial premises | Portfolio | No Comments

The Sorting Office

New Oxford Street Elevation The Sorting Office, 21-31 New Oxford Street, is a stand-alone part eight / part nine storey post-war building formerly used by the Post Office for sorting mail. It was built by the old...

READ MORE »
33 Lamb's Conduit Street
Aug 11th, 2015 | | Commercial premises | Portfolio | No Comments

Lamb’s Conduit Street

33 Lamb's Conduit Street No. 33 Lamb’s Conduit Street lies within what was originally the Bedford Charity Estate, founded in 1564 by Sir William Harpur1 (1496-1574) for the benefit of Bedford School. It was then...

READ MORE »
Coronet Theatre
Jun 1st, 2015 | | Commercial premises | Portfolio | No Comments

Coronet Theatre, Notting Hill Gate

The Coronet Theatre, in Notting Hill Gate, was built for the impresario Edward George Saunders to the designs of the theatre architect, W.G.R. Sprague. The builder was Walter Wallis of Balham and the cost...

READ MORE »
76 Dean Street 1945
May 5th, 2014 | | Commercial premises | Portfolio | 1 Comment

76 Dean Street, Soho

Staircase wall paintings in 1945 76 Dean Street is recorded as having been built by Thomas Richmond ca.1730. The first occupant entered in the parish ratebooks was James Hamilton, 7th Earl of Abercorn,1 a Fellow of...

READ MORE »
Shoreditch Town Hall
Mar 24th, 2014 | | Commercial premises | Portfolio | No Comments

Shoreditch Town Hall

The existing Town Hall was built in three distinct phases. The Municipal Reform Act of 1835 was the impetus for the first wave of town hall buildings in the provinces. At a stroke it created 178 municipal...

READ MORE »
St James's Place
Dec 13th, 2013 | | Commercial premises | Portfolio | No Comments

St James’s Place

Most of St. James's Place was laid out by the Rossingtons, the speculators who purchased Cleveland House and garden. For a time the north-south line of the street was called Rossington Street, but the name did not...

READ MORE »
29 Sackville Street - Soane Museum
Oct 11th, 2013 | | Commercial premises | Portfolio | 2 Comments

29 Sackville Street, London W1

Ceiling of the front Drawing room / at John Parker Esqr house in Sackville Street / Mr Parker (in pencil) Sir John Soane Museum1 Background to the Street and House2 On 1st May 1730 William Pulteney3 signed...

READ MORE »
Hyde Park Lodge
Oct 4th, 2013 | | Commercial premises | Exterior | Portfolio | Recent projects | No Comments

Hyde Park Lodge

Hyde Park Lodge is a Grade II Listed building of 1825 by Decimus Burton. It is located at Hyde Park Corner, to the north west of Wellington Arch and west of the Decimus Burton Screen which marks the Hyde Park...

READ MORE »
Page 1 of 512345»