Portfolio

Patrick Baty advised on the use of colour and supplied the paints

St Michael and All Angels, Bedford Park

Like most of Bedford Park, the architecture of the church of St Michael and All Angels is mainly in the Queen Anne revival style. The church was designed by Richard Norman...

More Info
Palace Theatre

Palace Theatre, London

Having already financed the building of the Savoy Theatre with the profits from his productions of Gilbert and Sullivan performances, the opera-loving speculator, Richard...

More Info
Patrick Baty carried out paint analysis on the interior

Stoke Park, Buckinghamshire

Stoke Park was designed by James Wyatt (1746-1813) for John Penn. The house passed through a series of owners until 1958 when it was bought by Eton Rural District Council. ...

More Info
Patrick Baty carried out the analysis of the paint in the Painted Room.

Spencer House

Spencer House was commissioned by John, 1st Earl Spencer in 1756. The architect he chose was John Vardy who had studied under William Kent. Vardy is responsible for the...

More Info
Patrick Baty helped an interior designer with appropriate paint colours for the redecoration of the Grand Divan

Simpson’s-in-the-Strand

Simpson's-in-the-Strand is one of London's most historic landmark restaurants and has been offering classic British dishes to its patrons for over 170 years. It was...

More Info
Patrick Baty carried out paint analysis in this North Carolina plantation house

Richard Bennehan House, Stagville

In 1787 Richard Bennehan opened a store at Stagville, near Durham, North Carolina. Somewhere between 1788 and 1790, he built a small, 24ft x 16ft house which later became the...

More Info
Patrick Baty carried out an analysis of the surfaces looking for evidence of either paint or gilding

Hartlepool War Memorial

The memorial was designed by Philip B. Bennison in 1921 for the civilians and servicemen killed in World War One. It has a raked, stepped plinth to a square, coursed,...

More Info
Patrick Baty was asked to give advice on the use of paint colour in this 17th century manor house

Burford Priory

Burford Priory stands on the site of a 13th century Augustinian hospital. In the 1580s an Elizabethan house was built incorporating remnants of the priory hospital. In the...

More Info
Patrick Baty was commissioned to carry out the paint analysis of the interior

St. John’s, Hyde Park

The development of the “Paddington Estate” in the early years of the nineteenth century led to the creation of a new parish. In 1826 the Reverend Dr Crane applied to the...

More Info
Patrick Baty was commissioned to carry out the paint analysis of the ceiling of the dome

Air Forces Memorial, Runnymede

The Air Forces Memorial, or Runnymede Memorial, near Egham, Surrey, England is a memorial dedicated to some 20,456 men and women from the British Empire who were lost in...

More Info
Patrick Baty has been providing advice on colour and supplying paint for many years

Stratfield Saye

Stratfield Saye House is a large stately home at Stratfield Saye in the north-east of Hampshire. It has been the home of the Dukes of Wellington since 1817. I have been...

More Info
Patrick Baty carried out an analysis of the paint on the exterior oand on the famous staircase

Home House

Home House was completed in 1778 to the designs (initially) of James Wyatt and (later) Robert Adam. The building changed hands many times over the years. Later occupants...

More Info
Patrick Baty has carried out several paint analytical projects in Marlborough House

Marlborough House

Marlborough House is in Pall Mall just east of St James's Palace. It was built for Sarah Churchill, Duchess of Marlborough, the favourite and confidante of Queen Anne. The...

More Info
Patrick Baty established the correct colour of the nine quarterings of the Dudley arms

Dudley House, 100 Park Lane

Property on this site (100 Park Lane) was owned by the Ward family from the 1730s. The sixth Baron Ward, subsequently first Viscount Dudley and Ward, seems to have built a...

More Info
Patrick was approached (twice) to examine this building

Naval & Military Club

No 4 St James’s Square, the building currently occupied by The Naval & Military Club was designed by Edward Shepherd and erected between 1726-28. I was twice asked for...

More Info
Page 11 of 24« First...«910111213»20...Last »