Tag : Bentley Priory

76 Dean Street 1945
May 5th, 2014 | | Commercial premises | Portfolio | 1 Comment

76 Dean Street, Soho

Staircase wall paintings in 1945 76 Dean Street is recorded as having been built by Thomas Richmond ca.1730. The first occupant entered in the parish ratebooks was James Hamilton, 7th Earl of Abercorn,1 a Fellow of...

READ MORE »
Bentley Priory - Front
Dec 9th, 2010 | | Institutions | Portfolio | No Comments

Bentley Priory

Bentley Priory was originally built in 1766 and was significantly extended in 1788, by Sir John Soane, for John Hamilton, 1st Marquess of Abercorn. As a result of his influence the Priory soon became a rendezvous...

READ MORE »