Category : Conservation

Patrick Baty carried out the paint analysis of the Banqueting House and the Three-Seater lavatory
Dec 7th, 2010 | | Conservation | English Heritage | No Comments

Banqueting House: Wardour Old Castle

Old Wardour Castle was partially destroyed during the Civil War, in 1644. Until the New Castle was built in the 1770s, the Arundells moved into Wardour Old House, which is situated to the south of the ruin. The...

READ MORE »
Patrick Baty advised on the colour of the external railings
Dec 7th, 2010 | | Conservation | English Heritage | No Comments

Kenwood House

The original house dates from the early 17th century. The orangery was added in about 1700. In 1754 it was bought by William Murray, 1st Earl of Mansfield. He commissioned Robert Adam to remodel it from 1764-1779....

READ MORE »
Barbican Centre
Nov 26th, 2010 | | Conservation | No Comments

Barbican Centre

The Barbican Estate was built between 1965 and 1976, on a 35-acre (140,000 m2) site that was bombed in World War II. The complex was designed by architects Chamberlin, Powell and Bon, whose first work was the...

READ MORE »
Uppark
Nov 25th, 2010 | | National Trust | 1 Comment

Uppark

Uppark is a 17th-century house in South Harting, Petersfield, West Sussex, and a National Trust property. It was built for the first Lord Tankerville c.1690 and subsequently sold to Sir Matthew and Lady Sarah...

READ MORE »
Patrick Baty advised on the Estate colour for Dumfries House
Nov 25th, 2010 | | Conservation | Exterior | Portfolio | 3 Comments

Dumfries House, Ayrshire

Dumfries House is a Palladian country house in Ayrshire, Scotland. It is located within a large estate, around 3 km west of Cumnock. It was built in the 1750s by John Adam and Robert Adam for William Dalrymple, 5th...

READ MORE »
Greenbank
Nov 25th, 2010 | | National Trust for Scotland | No Comments

Greenbank, Glasgow

Greenbank - Front Greenbank House stands in Clarkston, on the outskirts of Glasgow. It was built by Robert Allason between 1764 and 1765.  Allason was a local man who had begun life as a baker, before setting up...

READ MORE »
Patrick Baty carried out an analysis of the paint in the house and on various external surfaces. He also carried out a colour survey to allow for paint matching.
Nov 25th, 2010 | | Conservation | National Trust for Scotland | Portfolio | 1 Comment

Newhailes, East Lothian

Newhailes was built in 1686 by James Smith, and originally known as Whitehill. The property was bought by Sir David Dalrymple, in 1709-10, who started the improvements which were continued by his son James. The...

READ MORE »
Stowe House - Patrick Baty carried out extensive analysis of the paint in the State rooms
Oct 20th, 2010 | | National Trust | Recent projects | School and Universities | 1 Comment

Stowe, Buckinghamshire

Stowe House - North Front Stowe House is a magnificent Grade I listed eighteenth century country house located in Stowe, Buckinghamshire. It is the home of...

READ MORE »
Hill of Tarvit
Oct 20th, 2010 | | National Trust for Scotland | No Comments

Hill of Tarvit, Cupar, Scotland

In the early 20th century the Scotstarvit estate, south of Cupar in Fife, was bought by Frederick Bower Sharp. The Sharp family had made their fortune in Dundee, where they manufactured jute products (including...

READ MORE »
Golden Lane
Oct 20th, 2010 | | Conservation | No Comments

Golden Lane Housing Estate, London

The Golden Lane Housing Estate is a 1950s council housing complex in the City of London. It was built on the northern edge of the City, in an area devastated by bombing in World War II. The site had been occupied...

READ MORE »
Page 6 of 7« First...«34567»