Category : Exterior

Patrick Baty has carried out various paint and colour tasks in The Sir John Soane's Museum
Dec 8th, 2010 | | Exterior | Museums | Organisations | Portfolio | No Comments

The Sir John Soane’s Museum

The architect Sir John Soane’s house, museum and library at No. 13 Lincoln’s Inn Fields has been a public museum since the early 19th century. Soane demolished and rebuilt three houses in succession on the north...

READ MORE »
Patrick Baty was commissioned to carry out the paint analysis of the railing around the church
Dec 8th, 2010 | | Exterior | Institutions | Places of Worship | Portfolio | No Comments

St John the Baptist, Hoxton

By 1801, the population of the whole of Shoreditch (of which Hoxton was a part) had grown to 34,766, doubled to 68,564 by 1831 and in 1861 was 129,364. As the population grew the parish of Shoreditch was divided...

READ MORE »
Patrick Baty was commissioned to carry out an analysis of the paint in order to ensure that the correct colours were used in the repainting
Dec 8th, 2010 | | Exterior | Portfolio | No Comments

Civil Service Rifles’ War Memorial

The early history of the regiment was a complex one. The 21st Middlesex Rifle Volunteer Corps were formed in 1861. They became the 12th in 1880. The 50th Middlesex Rifle Volunteer Corps was raised in 1875. ...

READ MORE »
Spa Green Estate is widely viewed as being the finest example of public housing of its type.
Dec 8th, 2010 | | Exterior | Portfolio | Residences | No Comments

Spa Green Estate

The Spa Green Estate is a public housing estate in London, designed by Berthold Lubetkin. It was listed Grade II* in 1998 and is widely viewed as being the finest example of public housing of its type. I was...

READ MORE »
Patrick Baty advised the Rambert School of Ballet & Contemporary Dance on the painting of the exterior of Clifton Lodge, Twickenham.
Dec 8th, 2010 | | Exterior | Organisations | Portfolio | School and Universities | No Comments

Clifton Lodge, Twickenham

Clifton Lodge, Twickenham, is a detached two storey brick-built villa built between 1852 and 1865 in Italianate style and incorporating an earlier orangery. The service wing was extended soon after 1894. It is...

READ MORE »
Patrick Baty was commissioned by the National Trust for Scotland to carry out an analysis of the paint on the external railings
Dec 8th, 2010 | | Conservation | Exterior | National Trust for Scotland | Portfolio | No Comments

Pollok House, Glasgow

Pollok House was built in 1752 and designed by William Adam. It was gifted to the City of Glasgow in 1966 by Dame Anne Maxwell Macdonald, whose family had owned the estate for almost 700 years. I was...

READ MORE »
Patrick Baty was commissioned to carry out the paint analysis on the exterior surfaces on a number of buildings on the Threave Estate
Dec 8th, 2010 | | Conservation | Exterior | National Trust for Scotland | Portfolio | No Comments

Threave House, Castle Douglas

Threave House was designed in 1871 for Liverpool merchant, William Gordon. It was the creation of architect Charles G H Kinnear (1830-1894), who formed half of one of Scotland's most prominent architectural...

READ MORE »
Patrick Baty advised on appropriate paint colours for the display of the wartime areas.
Dec 8th, 2010 | | English Heritage | Exterior | Institutions | Portfolio | No Comments

Landguard Fort, Felixstowe

Built just outside Felixstowe, Suffolk, at the mouth of the River Orwell, Landguard Fort was originally designed in the sixteenth century to guard the entrance to Harwich. It has developed over the years, but the...

READ MORE »
Patrick Baty was employed by Gloucester City Council, to provide advice on the repainting of the external woodwork and metalwork in St Michael’s Square, Gloucester.
Dec 8th, 2010 | | Exterior | Portfolio | No Comments

St Michael’s Square, Gloucester

St Michael’s Square was laid out in 1882 by Daniel Pidgeon, of Putney in London. The land had previously been open fields and orchards. It represents an important example of late nineteenth century speculative...

READ MORE »
St Peter's, Hammersmith
Dec 8th, 2010 | | Exterior | Institutions | Portfolio | No Comments

St Peter’s, Hammersmith

St Peter’s is a Commisioners' church that was built in the village of Hammersmith in 1829. The architect was Edward Lapidge, who was the eldest son of Samuel, an assistant to Lancelot (Capability) Brown during...

READ MORE »
Page 5 of 7« First...«34567»